Top Book Recommendations
1. Bonhoeffer – Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas
Inspirational true story of a hero of the faith.
2. Christ Centered Preaching – redeeming expository preaching, by Bryan Chapell
Formative in how Fielder always preaches the Gospel each and every week. Every passage is about Jesus and the Gospel is the solution.
3. Radical – Taking back your faith from the American dream, by David Platt
Challenging modern Christians to live in a way that would be more true to how Jesus calls us to live.
4. Center Church – Doing balanced, gospel centered ministry in your city, by Timothy Keller
Transformational book in helping shape Fielder’s vision and direction.
5. The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry – How to Stay Emotionally Healthy and Spiritually Alive in the Chaos of the Modern World, by John Mark Comer
People how are naturally driven need to find pacing and margin and finding God in their work.
6. The Emotionally Healthy Leader – How transforming your inner life will transform your church, by Peter Scazzero
Thinking about the whole person as they lead. How to develop practice of the Sabbath and rest.
7. The Power of Habit – Why we do what we do in life and business, by Charles Duhigg
Incredibly interesting look into how God designed the human mind. Helpful in discipleship and developing daily spiritual habits.
8. Holy Fire – A Balanced, Biblical Look at the Holy Spirit’s Work in Our Lives, by RT Kendall
Challenging me to be open to the Spirit and to want more of the Spirit in me.
9. They Found the Secret – Twenty Lives That Reveal a Touch of Eternity, by V. Raymond Edman
The secret is the Spirt! Re-understanding of Romans 12 – present your body as a living sacrifice.
10. Ablaze for God by Wesley L. Duewel
The staff has read this one. What does it mean to live white-hot on fire for the Lord. How do we not quench that fire as we go.
Bonus. Celebration of Disciplines – The path to spiritual growth, by Richard Foster
Really helping incorporate the traditional Christian disciplines into our walk – especially fasting.
Contact Jason to ask a question about these books or to recommend a new one.