You get to decide what agency is best for you and your family. In this step, you will choose how to receive your child.
Paperwork varies by agency. Some examples are; application, background checks, home study, fingerprinting, personal references, CPR & first aid, home, fire, health & safety inspections.
Complete training required by the chosen agency, and or, licensing.
Match With Child
Agency matched your family with a waiting child.
Relieving a child in your home through:
- Foster care as a substitute caregiver
- Matched adoption through CPS as a permanent adoptive placement
- Kinship care for a child of a relative or close friend
- Domestic adoption within the USA placed by birth parent or private agency
- International Adoption outside the USA - travel to bring your child home
Go to court and legally finalize the adoption.